Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cheesecake
I have an addition for your dessert table this holiday season!
This Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cheesecake is divine and totally hits the spot! I know pies are usually the star at during the holidays, and while I love them, I feel like we should start a movement to get more cheesecakes into our bellies!
While this cheesecake is small, it packs a punch in flavor, texture, and richness, so a little slice will go a long way! You still get that familiar flavor of apple and cinnamon like an apple pie, but it’s paired with a creaminess that cannot be beat!
Plus, it’s the perfect dessert to make the evening before and let chill in the refrigerator all night.
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 28 Minutes|Total time: 58 Minutes
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Now spray your cheesecake pan with cooking spray, then line the pan with a circle of Parchment paper, cutting it to be just 1/2 an inch bigger than the bottom of the pan. Set it in the bottom, then coat again with cooking spray. This will make it easier to remove from the pan later
- Now, make your crust by crushing 8 Graham Crackers and mixing it with 6 Tbsp of butter, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar, and 1/2 tsp salt. Press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom and partly up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While your crust bakes, mix the filling. With an electric mixer, combine the 10oz of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar, and 1 cup of Dulce de Leche (you’ll use the rest of the can later). Remember that for the best results, all of these must be room temperature. Beat until no clumps are left. Add in the 2 room temperature eggs, and beat again until just combined- be careful to not over-mix.
- When the crust is done, pour your filling over the crust. Give the pan a gentle tap on the counter to ensure you release any air bubbles that may have formed. Smooth/even out the top as best as you can. With cooking spray, lightly coat a piece of foil to cover the top of the pan, and loosely cover it.
- Pour 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot, then place your cheesecake onto a trivet. Pressure cook it for 28 minutes, with a 10 minute natural pressure release. The cheesecake should have only a slight jiggle when done. When it’s done cooking, let it sit in your instant pot for at least 5 minutes, until you can handle it safely.
- While your cheesecake cooks, prepare your Apple topping. In a small saucepan heated to medium, add the 1 cup of Brown Sugar, 2 Tbsp of Butter, 2 Tbsp of water, 1 tsp of Ground cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Next, add your 4 peeled and chopped apples. Continually stir it, until your apples are cooked to your desired crunchiness. I prefer them to be just barely fork-tender. If it's getting too thick or sticky, add more water, 1 tsp at a time.
- Add the apple mixture to the top of your cooked cheesecake, then let it refrigerate between 3-24 hours. Before serving, drizzle with leftover Dulce de Leche. Enjoy!
- * It is very important that all of these ingredients are room temperature! This ensures they will mix well together, and prevents your cheesecake from cracking.
- ** You can easily find tutorials online on how to cook a can of Sweetened Condensed Milk in your instant pot and turn it into Dulce de Leche. But make sure you give it ample time to cool down and that it’s also room temperature.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go