Mix all your ingredients in a large bowl or directly on the baking sheet for less clean up. I also recently invested in these silicone baking mats which helps decrease waste from parchment paper and saves money in the long run!
Super Seed and Nut Granola
Raise your hand if you are a granola junkie that loves snacking on it at all times! because that is definitely me! I love all types of granolas and enjoy it on yogurt, pancakes, ice cream... on its own.. basically in any way possible!
What I don't love is how many granolas out on the market are so high in sugar and can have funky unnecessary ingredients in them. With that in mind I created this granola that is packed with good for you ingredients like chia, hemp, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds and packs some great healthy fats from pecans and almonds and even sneaks in some protein with egg whites. I kept this low in sugar with just one tablespoon of coconut sugar but if you want it a little sweeter feel free to add 2 tablespoons or after it comes out the oven and cools you can always mix in dried fruit or chocolate chips!
I hope you enjoy this good for you granola recipe! Check out more recipes on my blog www.sweetescapekitchen.com
After the granola comes out the oven it will have a beautiful golden color. Let it completely cool before breaking it up.
You'll end up with large clusters like this! Perfect for snacking or topping yogurt parfaits, pancakes, oatmeal, etc!
- 20 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 325F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Mix all your ingredients EXCEPT for the egg whites together in a large bowl or directly on the baking sheet. I like to mix it on the baking sheet for easier clean up.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. In the meantime beat your egg whites until they are frothy.
- Take out your granola and let it cool for a couple minutes. Then pour the egg whites over the granola and give it the slightest mix. You don't want to mix it too much because teh egg whites will help create big clusters!
- Place back in the oven and bake for 15 more minutes. Take it out the oven and let it cool, without mixing it! After it has cooled you should break it up into your desired chunks!
- Store in an air tight container!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go