Vegetable and Cheese Roll
I love a recipe that allows me to empty my fridge of all those leftover bits that you don’t know how to use up, and at the same time serve a yummy meal full of vegetables! This is exactly it, so all you need is some cheese, some vegetables and a puff pastry roll. Everything else is optional. I guess you could call it the healthier Italian version of the English sausage roll
This recipe here is just an example of how you could make it, but any vegetable and any cheese will work so feel free to swap out ingredients with what you have in the house.
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 50 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
- Start by dicing all the veg and cooking them on a medium heat in a pan with some oil until they are nice and soft.
- Leave them to cool completely (the step above can also be done the evening before if you prefer for time-management). Mix in with the ricotta, parmesan and the pine nuts and season to taste.
- Distribute in a thin line on the rolled out puff pastry, leaving the edges empty for sealing, and top with the shredded mozzarella. Roll the pastry so that it covers the mixture completely and seal the edges well either with a fork or with your hands.
- Lightly brush the surface with either a drop of milk or the red bit of an egg. Sprinkle the seeds on top and place in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees. Cook for 25-30 minutes until the top has become golden and the puff pastry looks cooked.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go