Bang Bang Tofu
What is crispy, saucy, creamy, and SO freaking delicious? Three words: Bang. Bang. Tofu.
This bang bang tofu is a delicious plant-based take on Bonefish Grill’s famous “Bang Bang Shrimp” dish! It is tasty, flavorful, and so easy!
Use this recipe as a perfect appetizer for thanksgiving, on top of a salad for a main dish, or even make this to convince your vegan-skeptic friends!
If you have an air fryer, I would definitely suggest using it in this recipe to get the tofu extra crispy. My version does fry the tofu. However, baking is always an option to lighten it up!
- 2 people
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 20 min
- First, cut your tofu into 1-inch cubes and press the excess liquid out
For the Breading
- Mix together cup vegan mayo and 1 tbsp water. Mix this until you get a texture that is just slightly thicker than heavy cream.
- On a plate or shallow dish, mix together about 1 cup almond flour with 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup AP flour, and your seasonings of choice.
- Dip each cube in the mayo mixture, and then toss in the breading until fully coated.
Fry the tofu
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, such as a cast-iron skillet or a dutch oven, pour about 1/2 inch oil.
- Heat the oil until you can toss a breadcrumb and it'll sizzle, but not so much that it begins to smoke!
- Add your tofu cubes (you may have to do this a few pieces at a time) to the oil, turning the cube to fry each side evenly.
- Remove and place on a paper towel-lined plate or baking rack.
For the Bang Bang Sauce
- To a small bowl, add 3/4 cup vegan mayo. Add a bit of salt + pepper (and other seasonings if you choose).
- Add sriracha 1 tbsp at a time, until it reaches your desired level of spiciness!
- Add sauce to the fried tofu, garnish with sliced green onions, and serve hot!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go