Cauliflower Gnocchi Italian Skillet
This is my GO-TO recipe whenever I cook for friends because it's one of those recipes that everyone likes no matter how much of a picky eater they are. I've been making it for years & it is still one of my favorites.
I started making this before the "cauliflower everything" trend began so it really is a classic. If you are not located next to a Trader Joes you can use regular potato gnocchi if you prefer.
The combination of textures and flavors in this dish really make it stand out. It is the ultimate comfort food without being overkill on fatty ingredients. Enjoy!
Follow @nutritiousnicole_rdn for more recipes and nutrition info!
- 4 people
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium cast iron skillet, saute cauliflower gnocchi with 1 tbsp olive oil for 3-4 minutes
- In a separate pan, saute chopped Italian sausage links
- Once gnocchi is softened and beginning to crisp, mix in Italian sausage, pesto, and sundried tomatoes. Mix well for 1-2 minutes
- Top dish with mozzarella slices and bake in oven for 8-10 minutes until mozzarella melts
- (optional) Top with balsamic glaze and basil
- If you don't have balsamic glaze, mix balsamic vinegar and honey together for a substitute
- Do not boil the cauliflower gnocchi or the consistency will be soggy
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go