Pumpkin Spice Donuts
If you haven’t noticed yet, I love pumpkin! So naturally I had to create a recipe for a delicious Pumpkin Spice Donut. Donuts are one of my favourite treats. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Whose with me!?
These donuts pair perfectly with your morning coffee and they are a healthy alternative to a fried donut. They are super easy to make and use simple ingredients!
They are light, not too sweet and are full of all the fall flavours!
Try them for yourself and let me know how they turn out. I want to hear from you!
- 6 Donuts
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
Optional: Caramel Drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease your donut pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the coconut oil and sugar. Next, add in the milk and mix until combined. Finally, add in the pure vanilla extract, pumpkin puree and egg. Mix until combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Don’t over mix.
- Fill each donut cavity approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes, or until the pumpkin donuts ‘spring’ back when touched.
- For the glaze, combine butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. If the glaze is too thick, slowly add milk until desired consistency.
- Once the donuts have completely cooled, dip the tops of the donuts in the glaze.
- Optional: Prepare the caramel sauce and drizzle it over your donuts. To prepare the caramel sauce, add all of the ingredients to a sauce pan and whisk over medium low heat until the ingredients are fully incorporated and very smooth. Your caramel sauce is now done. Drizzle over donuts.
- If you store the caramel sauce in the fridge, the caramel sauce will thicken. Simply warm it back up before using.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go