Thai Panang Butternut Squash & Coconut Soup
Sharing this recipe just as the weekend begins as it is a perfect lunchtime weekend warmer. Take advantage of the abundance of squash in the supermarkets right now for this rich, comforting bowl. Any soup with coconut milk is a winner for me! And the spices from the Panang paste make it feel extra warming on a cold day. If you cant find any panang paste then feel free to swap it for red curry paste.
This recipe makes use of already roasted squash - I like to roast a whole lot of vegetables up at the start of the week and use them throughout to save time!
- 4 Bowls
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- In a heavy bottom pan, fry the onions and garlic in a small amount of oil until the onions turn translucent - but don’t let the garlic burn.
- Add the roasted squash and the curry paste, then stir well to coat all the vegetables in the paste.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, add the coconut milk, peanut butter and stock. Cook for 10 minutes then blend until smooth.
- Stir in the lime juice, pour into bowls and scatter with the toppings!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go