Savoury French Toast With Miso Mushrooms, Charred Kale & Coconut Yoghu
This recipe might sound fancy, but it was actually the result of a last minute un-planned Sunday brunch situation, so really just using what I had in the fridge! I like using sourdough bread because it gives an extra dimension of text and taste to the recipe. Make sure the bread is soaked nicely, and then put straight into a hot stick pan for the best results!
I have loved sweet French toast for a while now, but after this recipe, the possibilities of endless savoury options are opening up…Hope you enjoy, and as always, let me know what you think!
- 2 people
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
- Mix the miso paste, honey and garlic together, then add to a non-stick pan with the mushroom slices. Fry for 5 minutes until cooked and slightly golden, then move to a small bowl and keep warm in the oven.
- Meanwhile, mix the egg and milk together well in a large shallow bowl with some pepper and salt. Melt the butter in the same pan. Dip the bread into the mixture for about 30 seconds to let it absorb the mixture, then move into the non stick pan. Cook until golden on, normally about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- If you want to add the charred kale, this can be made by laying the kale flat out on a baking try under a hot grill for about 2 minutes until it starts to burn, then sprinkle over the salt.
- Plate up the French toast by spooning the miso mushrooms & coconut yoghurt on the toast, then sprinkle over kale and coconut yoghurt - and I also added some spring onions.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go