Turkish Chicken Kebab With Spicy Red Pepper Relish
One of my favourite fakeaway meals is a big old kebab with a spicy red pepper relish. I love making this smokey, spicy but sweet relish, it goes so well with grilled meats or veg, and here its complemented so well with the lightly spiced, marinated meat and the cool tang of yoghurt.
I usually marinate my chicken breasts in the morning or the night before, to impart maximum flavour into the flesh, but if you are short on time they will still pack a punch if you marinate and cook straight away.
The skewers work well on the grill or even better if you have a barbecue! Hope you enjoy as much as I do!
- 2 servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
For the kebabs
For the red pepper relish
- Cut the chicken into big chunks. Mix together all the marinade ingredients and mix with the chicken - leave for a couple of hours (or overnight) in the fridge
- At dinner time, thread your chicken onto skewers and grill, rotating every couple of minutes until charred and cooked through
- Roast the pepper over an open flame until black all over. This will take around 15 minutes, you'll need to rotate the pepper so it blackens evenly. Allow to cool, peel most of the skin away and blend with the remaining ingredients to create the relish
- Serve up with chopped onion, coriander leaf, salad and the spicy relish on top of a flat bread and ENJOY
- If you are using wooden skewers, don't forget to soak them in water for a few hours so they don't burn
- This recipe also works well with lamb and pork
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go