Easiest Salsa Fresca
If you like salsa, you will like this recipe because it’s the easiest and it’s full of flavor. My family calls it salsa cruda which interprets to raw salsa because it requires no cooking. I call it the lazy man salsa because it’s so easy to make. This recipe calls for 2 chilies, either Serrano or jalapeño but you can add as many chilies as you like. This is a perfect recipe for chips and salsa or to use as a topping over any food. You can blend it and make the consistency either smooth by blending well or making it chunky by using the pulse button and keeping the ingredients chunkier. You can also use a food processor. I prefer using the blender because I can control the consistency of the salsa a little better.
My family makes many types of salsa, from fresh to roasted and even fried. I never buy salsa because it’s so easy to make from scratch and I have the ability to create them as spicy as I want, using only organic ingredients. I hope you like this recipe.
If you’d like to see more of what I love to do, or if you want to see a video of how I made this, check out my highlights on IG at https://www.instagram.com/mycreativekneads/
- 2 Cups
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 15 Minutes
- Into a blender, add the tomatoes, white onion, garlic, chilies and blend to either create a smooth salsa or pulsate to create a more chunky salsa.
- Pour into a bowl, add salt, black pepper to taste and stir well.
- Add the chopped cilantro, chopped green onions and mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate over night.