One of the things that appeals to me in a recipe is the colors of all the ingredients that goes in to it. As well as the aroma once it starts to cook.
Baked Chicken and Rice With Black Beans
Right off the bat, you've got to know that this is not a Denise Original Recipe. This recipe is by https://www.myrecipes.com/ . What you need to know about me is that I am living my life in my kitchen one recipe at a time. I weed out the bad and continue to make the good, crowd pleasers that I have found. If this recipe even appeals to you, you need to check out this recipe site. This casserole is often in my Dinner rotation.
When I need to add diced tomatoes to a dish, I usually use the Rotel brand that has diced chiles along with the tomatoes. I love the flavor that the chiles add to the tomatoes. So any Mexican dish that I am making, you can bet I will be adding a can of Rotel diced tomatoes.
The recipe calls for you to use a baking dish to bake this casserole in. But, I've been into one pot meals these days. Once I sautéed the carrots, onion and bell peppers I made the decision to just dump all the ingredients into my cast iron skillet, added the cheese and then put it in the oven.
You could serve flour tortillas with this dish to complete this meal.
- 8 servings
- Prep time: 25 Minutes|Cook time: 50 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare rice according to package direction
- Meanwhile, sauté onion, bell pepper, and carrot in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium heat 10 minutes or until tender.
- Combine hot cooked rice, onion mixture, chicken, beans, diced tomatoes and chiles, and 1 1/2 cups cheese in a large bowl. Spoon into a lightly greased 3-qt. or 13- x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- I substituted the yellow rice with Rice a Roni Spanish rice flavored. I also leave out the chiles in this dish.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go