Miso Ramen With Sticky Chilli Korean Gochujang Tofu and Pickled Veg
After weeks of eating up whatever was in the freezer before we moved house, I am trying to be a bit healthier and eat less bread-crumbed food 😂
This miso ramen totally hit the spot in terms of flavour, with the salty, umami broth, sour pickled vegetables and the sweet but spicy tofu. I can't say that I am necessarily a tofu lover, but when it's fried crispy and smothered in a sticky chilli sauce, I can't deny the satisfaction. All crowned with a soft boiled egg, marinated in soy and mirin for a few hours beforehand.
This is a perfect recipe for if you're a bit scared of cooking tofu like I was!
- 2 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
For the soy egg
For the miso broth
For the sticky chilli tofu
- Boil the egg for 6 minutes, cool in cold water, peel and marinate in the soy and mirin for a few hours before dinner. If more than a couple of hours, store in the fridge. Flip it round a few times so you get even coverage. These last really well in the fridge so you can do a couple and enjoy through the week!
- 20 minutes before dinner, drain your tofu and press it between kitchen towels to remove excess moisture. Leave to press for 10 mins under something heavy.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion, garlic and ginger til translucent. Add the miso, soy and stock and allow to bubble away while you cook the tofu
- Dice the pressed tofu into 1 cm cubes and fry off in hot oil until crispy
- Mix together the tofu sauce ingredients and add to the pan. Move around quickly while it bubbles away and turn off the heat when sticky
- Serve with noodles, pickled veg, chilli oil and a bib