Cheesy Baked Spaghetti Squash
Are you familiar with spaghetti squash? I am a big fan of squashes and now it is the right season to enjoy them. My favorite ever, is acorn squash though! I love it baked with some maple syrup and sage. But, let's leave that for another post soon! This cheesy baked spaghetti squash it is so delicious, and it will make a really nice dinner. Especially, if you want to add more vegetable on your menu, or you watching your carbs! It is gluten free and keto friendly! You can customize it by adding more vegetables, like spinach, kale, broccoli, or different protein like chicken or sausage. The most difficult part is cutting the squash as they do have a hard shell. On my video below, I showed you a little trick that helps. I hope you like this hearty and comforting recipe, as much as I do!
- 2 SERVING
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 45 Minutes|Total time: 55 Minutes
- Microwave the squash for 3-5 minutes. It will soften and it's easier to cut through.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle olive oil over the squash. Turn them face down on a baking sheet.
- Bake on 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Using a fork shred the squash. It will look like spaghetti.
- In a bowl combine, the squash, cheese, yogurt, salt and pepper, garlic powder, nutmeg, fresh thyme, and bacon.
- Fill up the squash boats, add more mozzarella cheese and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley and enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go