There really is nothing better than hot soup on a cold fall day! From the smell it brings to your kitchen, to the fuzzy and warm feeling while eating it, soup is just the best comfort food. I am a biiiig soup girl and this is by far my all time favorite. It’s like tomato basil soup but also like pasta. You can’t go wrong with that! It’s super flavorful, it’s so easy to make, and it doesn’t require very many ingredients. You can also add or take away ingredients based on your liking and it would still taste amazing. This soup could be made stovetop or in a crockpot too, but the instant pot is so quick and efficient, I tend to make it this way most often.
Instant Pot Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes Cook time: 7 Minutes Total time: 22 min
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or 2 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bag frozen tortellini
- 2 cups milk or half & half
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Set the instant pot to sauté and add the onions, carrots, garlic, and olive oil. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the basil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, broth, spaghetti sauce, and crushed tomatoes. Set instant pot to manual for 4 minutes.
- Quick release the steam and add in the tortellini, milk, and parmesan. Set to manual for 3 minutes.
- Quick release the steam and top with additional parmesan and basil, if desired.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!