Stuffed Chicken in Mushroom Sauce
This is one of my favourite meals when I am trying to treat myself and others with something not so simple and something I would not cook every day. And yet, it is not complicated to make. I don’t know which part I like better, juicy and tender chicken with a nice crispy outside surface, that flavourful and succulent filling or thick sauce with caramelised mushrooms in it.
Favorite side-dish for me is mashed potato, but this time I went for rice, it is quicker if you are in a rush.
I really enjoy this meal every time I prepare it and I believe you will too.
- 2 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 45 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
- First make the filling. It is necessary to sauté finely chopped shallots and garlic, then add thyme and mushrooms. Season to taste. Set aside on a plate and let it cool down slightly. When cooled down, add cream cheese and combine.
- Cut your chicken lengthwise to create a pocket. Season it with salt and pepper. Fill it with prepared filling and close by using toothpicks. You’re not going to use all the filling. About a third of it will be used for the sauce.
- Use the same pan and heat it well. We’re going to sear the meat on the stove first. Once it’s brown on the outside, add wine and let it evaporate for 2,3 minutes. Add the stock, cover the pan with aluminium foil and transfer into the preheated oven. Roast for about 20 min on 400 F, or until cooked through. Take it out and set the chicken aside.
- Put the mushrooms back into the pan, add cream. If the sauce is too thick, add more stock or water. Taste it and season if necessary. When it comes to a boil, it’s done. Put the chicken back in.
- Serve over some cooked rice or mashed potato.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go