Fluffy and a golden brown top makes it pure perfection.
Better Than KFC Biscuits
My husband introduced my 5 year old son to KFC biscuits a few weeks ago and since then he always wants biscuits with every meal. Do not buy those biscuits in a tube - it only takes a couple of pantry ingredients and about 20 minutes and you will have fresh, hot, buttery biscuits that will compliment any meal. My boy said mine even taste better than KFC - I'll take that as a compliment. Biscuits do not take much time at all. You do not want to over mix or over work your dough because it will become tough. I have included a buttermilk version at the bottom until tips if that is what you prefer. Give these a try and you will never buy your biscuits from a tube again.
Add some butter and honey
Or butter and jam!
- 10 Biscuits
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 12 Minutes|Total time: 17 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 450
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. With a fork, cut the butter or shortening into the flour mixture until it looks like coarse crumbs. Pour in milk and stir quickly with fork until mixed - Do Not Over mix!
- Move the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead 8-10 times. Do not over handle the dough or it will be tough. Roll out to 1/2" thick. Use a biscuit cutter or a glass works just fine to cut out your circles. Gather leftover dough and make 1-2 more biscuits.
- Place biscuits close together in a baking pan and bake until light brown - about 12 minutes. Serve warm with butter and honey or jam.
- For Buttermilk Biscuits add 1/4 tsp baking soda to the flour mixture. Increase butter or shortening to 1/3 C and use 1 C buttermilk in place of regular milk.