Homemade Hot & Sour Soup "Take Out"
Hot & Sour soup is my absolute FAVE thing at any Chinese takeout restaurant. And this recipe is perfect for a quick dinner, no delivery required!
- 5 cups
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
- Cut your green onions, bamboo shoots, and mushroom into thin slices.
- Add the broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili sauce (or sriracha), mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and white pepper to a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat, cover, and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat your egg with the teaspoon of water to thin it out. (This prevents big clumps)
- Stir the soup to get the contents spinning and drizzle in your beaten egg. Continue to stir gently. This will give you satisfying little ribbons of egg!
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cold water and corn starch.
- Pour this slurry mix into the soup and let it thicken.
- Serve topped with green onions!