Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies With Chocolate and Flaky Sea Salt
Soft spiced pumpkin cookies dipped in delicious semisweet chocolate and topped with flaky sea salt.
There are many pumpkin recipes on the internet these days, but I must ensure you that this one is a winner and definitely worth your time! It is such a simple recipe, yet so delicious that you will find yourself coming back again and again. Especially with COVID this year, cookies are a great way to all enjoy an individual dessert while social distancing. These cookies will bring joy to your life, and hopefully you can share with friends and family too!
Brown sugar and butter compliment fresh, real pumpkin and spices in this simple fall-themed cookie. Oatmeal adds texture and the chocolate layer on top makes this simple cookie just a little more decedent. Flaky sea salt on top rounds out the cookie and makes it unique and memorable.
- 14 Cookies
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 14 Minutes|Total time: 29 Minutes
For the cookies:
For the Chocolate Dip
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and oatmeal in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Combine pumpkin, egg, softened butter, vanilla and brown sugar. Mix until light and fluffy with a hand mixer.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet until well combined but do not overmix.
- Drop cookies onto parchment lined baking sheet, about 2 TBS batter each. Bake for 8-11 minutes.
- Let cookies cool, then prepare chocolate.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time until chocolate looks smooth and glossy.
- Dip cookies into chocolate and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Place cookies in fridge to harden for 30 minutes.
- Make sure not to overbake! Pull the cookies out as soon as they are solid, do not wait for them to get brown around the edges. This will prevent you from having a dry cookie.
- When mixing the chocolate, be sure to mix in small intervals to avoid burning it. Also, do not let it come into contact with water at all!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go