Edible Taco Bowls
5 (1 Review)
Who dosen't love Mexican food?No body right? Im a hugggggge fan of how they cook in South America. Their food is packed with so many beautiful fresh flavours, and vibrant colours, and a lot of it also super healthy for you. They often combine, spicy flavours, with sweet acidic citrus to balance the pallet. With Taco Tuesday fast approaching, I decide to come up with a new and exciting way to each some much loved Mexican food. I love a spicy chicken wrap, but I thought why not combine this classic lunch, with a mix of Mexican classics. This crunchy edible taco bowl, is filled with spicy chicken strips (naughty I know, but you have to treat yourself some days), homemade garlicy guacamole, fresh salad leaves, heaps of grated cheddar, and homemade spicy salsa. ......The spicy tomatoey salsa, combines perfectly with the tangy meaty chicken pieces. ..... The crunchy taco shell, adds a crisp bite amongst the soft fresh sides..... The garlicy guac holds all the elements together, and leaves a punchy after taste.It really is PURE PERFECTION for the pallet. This dish has the perfect balance of spice, sourness and sweetness. It has a mix of different textures, from the crisp shell, to the chunky chicken and soft guac. It has healthy elements, with all the fresh goodness alongside a naughty twist. What more could you want?! When do I suggest to eat this bad boy? Well it was the perfect filling lunch, which leaves you with a punchy taste in your mouth for the rest of the afternoon. However I don't recommend serving this dish on a first date, or taking it to work for lunch, as you will need a tonne of tissues to mop up the oozy goodness, as you lash it all around your mouth.When I talk about the last bite of a dish, creating a long lasting memory, then this really is the perfect example of this. So why don't I show you exactly how its done...This dish is SUPER easy to make, and SUPER tasty to eat! Give it a go and let me know how you get on. For more fun recipes please follow my blog. Thanks.
edible taco bowls
homemade spicy salsa
- 2 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes Cook time: 30 Minutes Total time: 45 min
- 2 wraps
- 6 chicken pieces
- Salad leaves
- Grated cheese
- Handful of sweetcorn
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 0.5 tsp oregano
- 0.25 tsp chilli powder
- 1/3 lime juice
- Small splash of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh coriander
For the edible taco bowls
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Meanwhile spray an oven safe bowl with some oil and place the wrap inside. It will make slight crinkles to make the taco bowl shape.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Then remove the bowl and continue to cook on its own for a further five minutes.
To make your guacamole..
- Cut your avocado in half and extract the stone. Spoon out all of the avocado and chop it up inside a bowl.
- Get half of your chopped onion and add it to the mix. Now finely chop your garlic and add.
- Squeeze your lime juice into the bowl, add some salt and pepper and mix well.
To make your Spicy salsa..
- Finely chop your tomatoes into small pieces and put in a small bowl. Add the second half of the chopped onion into the mix.
- Now add in your oregano, chilli salt and pepper, balsamic vinegar and mix.
- Make your taco bowls and allow to cool for 5 minutes before assembling.
- Cook your chicken to the correct timing on the packet.
- Make your guacamole and salsa.
- And layer up your bowl as desired.