Lentil and Chicken Tajine
Middle eastern-inspired lentil salad. So last night we didn’t have a lot of fresh produce at home so I decided to make something quick but delicious from mostly canned and frozen food. You still can make it taste delicious by using the right seasoning and pairing of ingredients. ⠀I decided to use some chicken but you can definitely leave it out and make it vegetarian. With the distinct flavor of saffron and a flatbread on the side, this almost looks like a planned middle eastern dish, but to be honest, it just happened to turn out like this. It even tasted better today as a leftover lunch, but he, doesn't everything taste better the next day? It might seem like a lot of ingredients but I promise you it's so quick to make!⠀
- 3 portions
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
- Heat some olive oil in a heavy saucepan and add the garlic and shallot. Once they turn translucent add the chicken.
- Rinse the lentils and add them to the pan together with the cumin and coriander.
- Heat some water and add it to the saffron, once it starts to develop that nice golden yellow color you can add the water to the pan. Add the stock and the green beans.
- Once the chicken has cooked all the way through you can add the preserved lemon, olives, and feta cheese. Mix in the fresh herbs.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go