Homemade Strawberry Jam
Here I’ll be showing every step you need to know on how to take very few ingredients and turn them into this delicious Strawberry Jam that you can easily make at home.
Summer is over but this is the perfect way to preserve some summer taste for a couple of months still. This is my favorite kind of jam and this recipe is amazing! The flavors are very well balanced, you get a nice sweetness in the beginning and then a slight hit of acidity at the end.
The flavor of this jam is not the only great thing about it. There is something magical about making your own jam, knowing what ingredients are in there, the color of the strawberries just pop and it is mesmerizing and I wish I could share the smell of making while I was making this, it was so fresh and warm.
Spread this jam on a cracker, english muffin or even put it on your morning yogurt, either way it will be delicious!
- 1 Jar
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- In a pot over medium heat, add the strawberries and sugar and begin to stir
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, add the lemon juice and zest
- Keep cooking it and don't stop stirring to prevent the bottom from burning
- Once you can see the bottom of the pot when running the spatula through, that is the indication that the liquid is thick enough. Turn the heat off
- Fill a deep pot with water and bring it to a boil
- When it is boiling, add the jar and lid to the boiling water and leave it in there for 3 minutes, then remove it
- Pour the jam into the jar and close the lid really tight
- Place the closed filled jar into the boiling water again for another 3 minutes
- Take it out of the water using tongs and it is done! Keep it in room temperature until you open it to eat it or keep it in the fridge for immediate use
- Make sure to close the lid and seal it really well before putting it in the boiling water
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go