No Bake Brownie Cookie Bars
I’m going to admit it, I have a pretty big sweet tooth. I’m a sucker for sweets. But, sometimes I do get lazy and I like to have something quick and easy to make. Luckily for me and you, I have a recipe that requires no baking. That’s right, no oven!! Just a couple of minutes in the freezer after you’ve mixed everything together and you got yourself the best little treat. These No Bake Brownie Cookie Bars are so dang good!! It was effortless to make and was a mix of two of my favorite treats: cookies and brownies :) Bonus points for it being a tad bit healthier than cookies and brownies; these bars are made up of a cookie layer that tastes just like peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough and a brownie layer filled with chocolate goodness. Get to it guys, this one’s a goodie!
If you'd like more tips and tricks to nail this recipe, check out my blog for the full post here.
- 16 pieces
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 15 Minutes
- Line an 8x8-in. pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the peanut butter, vegetable oil, molasses, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined. Next, add the almond flour and mix. It’ll start to thicken up which is good. Add in the chocolate chips and fold them into the mixture. Take the “cookie dough” out and press it into the pan, it will be the bottom layer. Place it in the freezer while making the next layer to allow it to stiffen up a bit.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add meltable chocolate chips and your oil. Microwave on high for about 1-2 minutes, taking it out of the microwave and stirring every 15 seconds
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the chocolate and oil mixture. Add the granulated* (check tips) and brown sugar. Beat until completely combined and smooth (about 2-3 minutes). Add the evaporated milk and vanilla extract, then beat again until smooth.
- Sift in the almond flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Beat only until incorporated, you do not want to over-mix. Take the mixture and press it on top of the cookie layer, making sure it’s nice and compact. Freeze for 30 minutes before enjoying.
- *Process your granulated sugar in a food processor before adding it to your mixture to reduce any grittiness
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go