Love store-bought hummus? You will love this Homemade Hummus even more, I guarantee it! Hummus was often on my weekly grocery list back in the day. I knew it was a healthy option as a snack or for my sandwiches in replace of mayo. Once I finally invested in a food processor, it didn't make sense to buy store-bought hummus anymore. If you read food labels, which I highly recommend, you will notice some hummus' often have a bunch of unnecessary ingredients. When I make it myself, I can control what goes into it; the ingredients, flavor and spice; less is more. If you feel similarly about , you have to try this recipe out! The OG Homemade Hummus @livlinghealthy style.
- 1 (15oz) can of chickpeas
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 tbsp cold water
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add cold water, olive oil, tahini, seasonings and lemon juice. Puree until smooth.
- Add rinsed chickpeas and puree for 1-2 minutes.
- Scrap sides of food processor and puree for another 1-2 minutes until velvety smooth.
- Garnish with a drizzle of high quality olive oil, flakey sea salt and paprika.
- Enjoy as a healthy snack with cut up veggies, pita chips or as a spread on your sandwich!
- If the hummus is too thick, add more cold water at this time to get it to your preferred texture. Less is more!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published October 29th, 2020 8:58 AM