View my recipe on Instagram here
Corn Soup With Mushrooms and Thyme
This corn soup is creamy, comforting and full of flavour. It has everything you'd want in a corn chowder and then some. Nothing fancy, just tasty homestyle comfort food at its best!
You'll love the rich and creamy texture paired with the delicious earthiness of the sauteed mushrooms in thyme. This soup and this is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Serve it as an appetizer or enjoy a big bowl as a full meat-free meal with some fresh crusty bread for dipping.
Even though corn is typically a summer vegetable, this is the perfect soup to make in the fall/winter as you can make it with frozen corn which is affordable and easy to find!
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Warm 2 tablespoons of the butter in a pot on medium/high. Add shallots and garlic, sautee until soft
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add all the corn and cook for about 5 min
- Remove pot from heat and let cook slightly
- Puree half the soup in a blender and return it to the pot.
- Add the cream, season with salt and pepper and simmer on medium/low.
- In a small frying pan, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter on medium/high heat. Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook until caramelized.
- Serve the soup garnished with the mushrooms and enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go