That cream cheese drizzle
Pumpkin Spice Scones
Are you tired of pumpkin yet!? Good! Because I will be posting all things pumpkin for fall! It’s one of my favourite ingredients😍
I’ve always loved cake, muffins and scones for breakfasts! They pair perfectly with a cup of coffee. These Pumpkin Spice Scones have the perfect amount of sweet and they're full of fall flavours! They are also super easy to make and use simple ingredients.
The secret to these moist scones, I add extra pumpkin puree 🙊 They are the perfect breakfast treat. If you’re looking for a little bit more sweet, add my cream cheese drizzle. I promise, you won’t regret it!
- 8 Scones
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 50 Minutes
Cream Cheese Drizzle
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice in a bowl. Set aside.
- Grate the cold butter. I use a cheese grater but you can also cut it into small cubes. Then put the butter in the freezer. (The key to excellent scones is cold dough!)
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree and maple syrup. Mix until combined.
- Take your grated butter out of the freezer and add it to your flour mixture.
- Use two knives or a pastry cutter to ‘cut’ the butter into the flour. Repeat for 5 minutes or until the mixture resembles a coarse cornmeal.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture. Mix just until combined. Do not over mix!
- Place the dough on a floured surface. Shape the dough into a 9 inch circle (you will need to flour your hands for this.)
- Using a sharp knife, cut the circle into 8 wedges and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the scones with milk and put into the oven.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes.
- While the scones are baking, prepare the cream cheese icing.
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Once the scones have cooled, drizzle with your cream cheese icing!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go