3-2-1 Quick Sweet Pickling Solution
Ever wanted to get into pickling but just don't know where to start? This is the absolute perfect place to begin! This easy all-purpose pickling solution will have you pickling up a storm. All you need is to remember the magic ratio: 3-2-1.
This Asian-style pickling solution can also be tweaked if you like your pickles less sweet. You can add whatever seasonings you enjoy, such as dill, bay leaf, tri-peppercorn, szechuan peppercorn, smoked salt, and more!
Pickle anything from cucumbers, radishes, onions, daikon, carrots, parsnips, ginger, beets, etc.. The possibilities are endless. These pickles are great as side dishes to k-bbq, j-bbq, and American bbq. They're great with sandwiches, salads, burgers, and toast!
- 1 jar
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 24 Hours|Total time: 24 Hours 15 Minutes
- Dissolve the sugar in the warm water.
- Add the vinegar and stir until combined.
- Stuff a jar with your desired vegetables.
- Pour the pickling solution over it.
- Fridge the pickles for 24 hours. You can eat them in less than 24 hours, but they are best 24 hours and beyond.
- Scaling: the best part about this recipe is that you can scale up as much as you need! I usually start with 1/4 cp vinegar, 1/2 cp water, 3/4 cp sugar and go from there.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go