These pretzels are delicious.
Kamut Bavarian Pretzel
Pretzel. What a fascinating bread. The intricate shape of it alone makes me happy to look at it.
where I come from pretzel never was a thing but the first time I had it I was hooked this was back in 99. I was 17.
even the hard tasteless kind is appealing to me. That’s how much I love pretzel but tasteless isn’t the case with these kamut pretzels.
they are filled with flavor.
The whole family loves it. This will become a weekly thing for you. Oh and you can change the toppings. Instead of flaky salt add some Zhuhai and cinnamon or garlic and fresh Parmesan
- 12 pretzels
- Prep time: 1.5 Hours|Cook time: 8 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 38 Minutes
For the Sponge
for the Baking Soda Wash
For the Dough
- In a small bowl put 1 teaspoon sugar. Add the yeast and 1 ¾ cups warm water. Stir gently. Cover and let rise until foamy. About 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a heavy-duty mixer add: 5 cups white Kamut, ½ cup sugar and 1 ½ teaspoons salt. Blend well. Add the yeast mixture, canola, and honey. Mix thoroughly. Add ¼ to ½ cup warm water to get the consistency of soft dough. Combine. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and Knead by hand or knead in the mixer for up to 7 minutes
- Put a little olive oil in a large bowl and place the kneaded dough into bowl. Cover with a dish towel and let rise 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Push the dough out onto the counter and cut into 12 pieces. Roll each piece by hand about 20 inches long. Shape into a Pretzel. Set aside on the counter. Continue shaping the dough into Pretzels until you have 12 Pretzels.
- Spray a baking sheet with oil. In a large bowl mix the hot water and soda together. Mix until dissolved. Immediately dunk each pretzel into the hot soda mixture. Place on greased baking sheet, sprinkle with French Gray Salt as desired. Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Serve right out of the oven or place on cooling rack to cool.
- Serve with: Butter, Cinnamon and Sugar FN Alfredo sauce FN Marinara sauce. Homemade cheese sauce Variations: Cut into pretzel bites, before baking Sprinkle the Pretzels with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese before baking. Add Pepperoni before baking. Dip in garlic butter after baking
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go