They will make you drool once they are done.
Easy Savory Pancakes
This is a very common pancake in Brazil.
it’s a savory dough and can be used with many different fillings
this is simple and can also be fit if using skim milk.
The ingredients could not be any easier and I am sure you have them in your pantry or fridge.
1 cup of corn starch
1cup of skim or regular milk.
1tsp of salt or less
Mix all the ingredients very well.
oil the pan with a little olive oil. Don’t let it burn.
Mig is too hot it will burn.
add some of the mixture.
you want a thin layer.
let it golden both sides
roll it with cheese ( ham. Shredded chicken. Cream cheese. Ricotta.) anything you want. I chose mozzarella cheese.
- 4 Pancakes
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 15 Minutes
For the dough
How to make the doogh
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients. Make sure eis very well beaten. Great. Your dough is done.
- Pour a small amount on a greased pan. You don’t want fluffy pancakes. These aren’t the fluffy kind. Savory pancakes or crepes are known to be thin.
- Once golden add your fillings in my case cheese because I love cheese like honey badger loves honey. And I might be brave for cheese just like the honey badgers are brave for honey. Hummmm lol.
- Ok let that cheese melt. You can melt while in the pan or toss it in the over for 5 mins. Pan is fine and will do the job.
- Don’t cook the pancakes on high heat. This is a delicate dough. It will burn.
- If you choose to make with shredded chicken make sure you also make a bechamel sauce or holandeses sauce to go over it. Yummy