Skillet Meat and Three Cheese Lasagna
Lasagna is one of hubby’s favourite meals and I decided to give him a treat. He’s a good boy. This was made with lean ground beef and layered with three cheeses, lots of fresh herbs, tomato sauce and oven ready lasagna noodles. I made it in a skillet and it was oven to table ready. In fact, the meat sauce was made in the same skillet to minimize my clean up. For the last 5 minutes of cooking, I removed the foil covering and had the skillet under the broiler to brown the cheese and crisp the edges. I served with a side of garlic green beans, or you could serve with a salad or other green veggie. I left the leftovers in the skillet, covered it with foil and put it right into the fridge. This way, it made reheating the next day so easy.
- 8 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 60 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Add oil to a 12” skillet and sauté onions until softened.
- Add beef and cook until no longer pink. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and stir for a couple of minutes to blend.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper and mix to combine flavours. Pour mixture into a bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl add ricotta and mix with the parmesan and mozzarella. Add in 2 cloves of minced garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, and more salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer a bit of sauce along the bottom of the skillet, add 4 noodles, spoon on cheese mixture and spread out, then a layer of sauce, noodles and cheese mixture. Continue layering until ingredients are gone.
- Top it off with 1/4 cup of reserved shredded mozzarella and parmesan and baked it covered in a 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes.
- For the last 5 minutes, I removed the foil covering and had the skillet under the broiler to brown the cheese and crisp the edges. I served with a side of garlic green beans.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go