Quick and Easy Breakfast Burritos
I'm not sure what mornings are like in your house but over here, things can get BUSY. Getting myself, my husband and our son ready and out the door is no easy task and I often find myself eating an unsatisfying breakfast on the go.
These breakfast burritos are the perfect meal prep breakfast, can easily be customized to your liking and makes a big batch to easily be enjoyed all week long!
I personally haven't tried to freeze mine but from other bloggers advice, they can totally be frozen! To freeze, wrap tightly in tin foil then store in freezer safe bag. To reheat, unwrap and place in the microwaves for 4-6 minutes, flipping half way through.
Hope you enjoy these tasty breaky burritos!
- 8 Burritos
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
- In a large frying pan, add in 2 tablespoons of oil along with frozen hash browns, chopped vegetables and salt & pepper. Cook over medium high heat until golden brown and tender, about 10 minutes.
- While the hash brown mixture cooks, prepare your scrambled eggs. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season to your liking and whisk together.
- Add remaining olive oil to another large frying pan and add in eggs. Cook until desired doneness, about 5-7 minutes.
- To assemble, place hash brown mixture and eggs in large tortilla. Top with shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, avocado and cilantro if you wish. Roll up and enjoy!
- Not eating right away? Store eggs and hash brown mixture in separate containers in your fridge for easy access all week long. Planning to freeze? Wrap cooled hash browns and eggs in large tortilla, wrap in tin foil and store in freezer safe container for up to 1 month. To reheat, microwave for 4-6 minutes flipping half way through.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go