Sweet & Sour Meatballs
Looking for a quick week night meal? Look no further! This sweet and sour meatball recipe is all things delicious. This recipe is easy to prepare and makes a big ol' batch so hello left overs!
Tender juicy meatballs come together with a made from scratch tangy sweet and sour sauce. Toss in a mix of chopped pineapple, bell peppers and onions along with rice or quinoa (or eat them as is!) for the most delicious meal.
If you're really in a time pinch, use a bag of frozen meatballs instead. Shh...I won't tell if you won't!
Enjoy this easy & tasty meatball dish.
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
For the meatballs
For the sauce
For the meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce and spices. Combine together until incorporated.
- Roll meat mixture into golf ball sized meatballs and place in rimmed 9 X 13 baking dish. Continue until meat mixture is done, you will have roughly 24 meatballs.
- Bake meatballs for 15 minutes.
- While the meatballs bake, combine all ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce in mixing bowl EXCEPT for hot water and corn starch. Mix ingredients until combined.
- In another small mixing bowl. combine hot water and corn starch to create a slurry. Whisk until smooth then add to prepared sauce, whisking until no lumps remain and sauce is smooth.
- Remove meatballs from the oven and add in pineapple and chopped vegetables. Slowly pour sauce over top and place baking dish back in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve hot with rice or quinoa. Top with chopped green onion and toasted sesame seeds (optional). Enjoy!