Chicken Curry With Coconut Rice
Chicken curry and coconut rice makes for a comforting meal. I’m slowing starting to enjoy eating different curry meals if they aren’t too spicy. My favourite chicken curry dish is butter chicken and I love eating it with freshly grilled naan. This dish was made on a weeknight in a hurry and to use up some veggies from my fridge. I suppose you could add any veggies, but I happened to have zucchini and a red bell pepper on hand. Because my daughter was eating it as well, I left out chickpeas because she's allergic, but I recommend adding some legumes as well. I served it with some coconut jasmine rice on the side. It is not difficult to make and adds an extra layer of flavour.
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until onions are soft and golden. Add the garlic and ginger. Stir to coat everything with the oil. Lower the heat to low and add in the red curry paste, garam masala. Stir until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Return the heat to medium high. Add in the remaining 1 oil and the red pepper. Stir for 1-2 minutes and then add in chicken. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the chicken is browned on both sides, but not cooked through.
- Pour in the coconut milk, lime juice, and brown sugar. Stir until chicken is cooked through and curry is slightly thickened
- Serve over rice and/or with naan bread. Garnish individual plates with cilantro, basil and lime wedge.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go