Especially when your meal is paired with good friends (and good wine). Potlucks and Friendsgivings are some of my favorite ways to spend my nights. And as the resident foodie of my group, I can't disappoint. That is why I always try to bring a new and ingenuitive dish. Enter these brown butter nori roasted vegetables! They will really wow your friends and family! The brown butter gives the vegetables a decedent richness while the nori adds a surprising asian twist your tastebuds won't see coming! Don't worry it'll be our little secret that you whipped this together in 25 minutes!
Brown Butter Nori Roasted Vegetables
Kick your side dish game up a notch with these Brown Butter Nori Roasted Vegetables! I've always loved fall the most when it comes to eating. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that fall produce pales in comparison to the wonders of a summer farmer's market. But the actual act of eating is more enjoyable in the fall. When the air is crisp and the food you're eating warms you up from the inside out. Nothing beats it!
The best part, it can be made with any vegetables you have on hand! I used cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots, but I see myself making it again with Brussels sprouts in the near future! Bonus: because all of the produce in this meal is interchangeable, it is the perfect dish to make when you’re trying to clean out your fridge! Healthy, convenient, and not wasteful! Its a triple win!
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 18 Minutes|Total time: 28 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the cauliflower and broccoli into small florets and cut the carrots into rounds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables for 15-18 minutes.
- Add the nori sheets to a bowl and pour hot water over. Soak the nori for 1 minute then remove from water and chop finely.
- Begin browning the butter. Chop the butter into cubes to help the butter melt evenly. Then add the cubes to a frying pan and melt over medium heat. As the butter melts, it will start to foam.
- After the butter has melted, add in the chopped nori, grated ginger, and Serrano/jalapeño if using. (Start with 2-3 small slices then add more if needed.) Stir together until the butter has browned. Roughly 6-8 minutes. The butter is done browning when it has an amber color and a nutty fragrance. Then pour into a bowl to keep the butter from burning. Add salt to taste.
- Once the vegetables are done roasting, pour the brown butter nori over them. Serve and enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go