Espresso Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies
The caffé mocha of cookies, espresso chocolate chip macadamia cookies is a mellower cookie for those who want a little more balance to the usual richness of chocolate.
There's barely any coffee in a single cookie so they should be fine even late in the afternoon, and it's exactly for this reason that it's not a replacement for your daily coffee!
We put macadamia nuts in our cookies, but walnuts, pecan nuts and hazelnuts work just as well.
You can also bake them for a little longer (around 5 minutes) at a lower temperature (150C° / 300F°) if you want harder cookies.
For more recipe ideas, please visit IG: olivia_homecook
- 20 Cookies
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 45 Minutes|Total time: 55 Minutes
- Preheat the oven at 175°C or 350ºF.
- Melt the butter, unsweetened chocolate and chocolate chips in a pan on a low heat, once melted set it aside.
- With a mixer on high speed whisk the eggs, sugar and coffee granules until light, and fluffy.
- Slowly add the chocolate mixture to the bowl, whisking until just combined.
- Turn off the mixer and add vanilla, salt and sifted flour mixed with the baking powder into the mixture. Quickly stir with spatula or wooden spoon untill just combined. Stir in the macadamia nuts and chocolate chips.
- The batter will be much looser than your average cookie dough. Keep in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes until the cookie dough is a little harder.
- On a cookie tray lined with parchment baking sheet, portion heaping tablespoons of batter about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack.