My grandmother was quite popular in our village for her simple & basic cooking style. She never use market masalas all she want to add her own homemade masalas in the curry. She always taught me that cooking is a art, not everyone can do.
Prawn Curry With Coconut Milk
This is a simple yet delicious recipe made with indian spices & homemade Coconut milk. Prawn is slow cooked in onion tomato base gravy and addition of fresh coconut milk enhances the taste & texture to smooth & creamy masala. This dish can be served with hot steam rice which is simply irresistible. Whenever you doesn't feel like cooking elaborate dishes but still like to have a scrumptious meal for your lunch, then this is it.
She just love to cook meat & fish dishes in clay pot which adds nice traditional flavours to the recipe. This prawn curry is simple yet delicious when served with steam hot rice. It doesn't contain any fancy ingredients, just simple Indian Masala which is easily available in the market. The gravy is neither thick nor thin but it's full of flavours due to coconut milk which plays the vital role to make this basic curry extraordinary.
Serve this Prawn Curry with Steam Rice. Check out the detail Recipe below!!! And comment down below your thoughts on the same, Would love to hear from you!!!
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Peel, clean & devein prawns properly. Add clean prawns to the bowl, then add turmeric powder & salt.
- Mix it well & allow it to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Pour mustard oil in Kadai & allow it to heat.
- Then add chopped onions and saute it untill brown in colour.
- Once onions are brown add ginger garlic paste and cook it until raw smell goes.
- Then add chopped tomatoes & cook it untill soft.
- Add Everest sabji masala, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder & salt.
- Give it a quick mix, add 2 tbsp of luke warm water & cook until masala is perfectly done.
- Now add marinated prawns and mix it well with the masala.
- Don't add water immediately, just roast the prawns well with the masala.
- Once prawns roasted, then add coconut milk & 1/4 cup of warm water and cook until Prawns are tender.
- After 15 mins, prawns has perfectly cooked, gravy has started to thicken & oil has started to separate.
- Prawn Coconut curry is ready, add chopped coriander leaves(optional)
- Serve it hot with steam rice
- If you want spicy curry, you can add extra red chilli powder.
- You can also add coriander powder & jeera powder but I tried to keep it simple & basic.
- I have used Kashmiri red chilli powder because it adds nice colour to the curry.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go