Start with some good quality extra virgin olive oil
Italian Side Salad With Honey, Balsamic & Pomegranate
This recipe is the perfect salad combination to be used as a side dish to rich Italian pasta dishes. I personally like to serve this with my Penne con Vodka recipe, but it is so delicious I would happily have it on its own!
The dressing is a deliciously moreish combination of sweet honey and sharp Balsamic vinegar mixed with olive oil and Mayonnaise, which is drizzled over a simple salad that is then topped with juicy pomegranate seeds and the saltiness of fresh parmesan cheese.
Add some sweet balsamic vinegar
A dollop of mayonnaise
Some clear honey
Mix well to create a smooth, sweet and sharp salad dressing, perfect as a side to most pasta dishes.
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 10 Minutes
For the salad
For the dressing
For the salad dressing
- Start by making the dressing. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, mayonnaise and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Set aside while you prepare the salad.
For the salad
- In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, rocket, spinach, tomatoes mushrooms and croutons and toss well.
- Drizzle the dressing on top and toss well again.
- Top with the pomegranate seeds and sliced parmesan.
- This salad is the perfect accompaniment to my Penne con Vodka recipe!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go