Sausage and Veggie Sheetpan Mealprep Lunches
Perfect for a fall meal, this Sausage and Veggie Sheetpan Mealprep Lunches is all you need: MEAT AND VEG. It's delicious, hearty, healthy and goes well with just about anything you have in the fridge. Plus, we get the chance to eat some of our favourite sausages from our local supermarket. They have spicy and mild Italian sausages that are plump and juicy.
One of the things we love most about this dish is how versatile it is. Feeling gourdy? Add in some squash. Want to make it vegetarian? Throw in some cauliflower and veggie dogs. This dish really comes together with some love and care, so take your time, enjoy the roasting, and dig in!
- 5 Servings
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
- Preheat oven to 400F. Next, get a large cast iron pan heated over medium-high heat and add a couple drops of avocado oil. When shimmering, at the sausages to the pan - do not overcrowd. Sear the sausages on all sides for 3-4 minutes a side. Don't worry about cooking them all the way through as they will finish in the oven. Set aside when seared.
- On two large baking sheets, arrange the potatoes, peppers, onions and sausages on the sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with avocado oil, and toss with oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, add on zucchini and broccoli (this prevents overcooked veggies). Cook for an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are browned, onions are softened, and peppers are sweet.
- Take out and allow to cool. Slice the sausages into bite size pieces. Divide evenly amongst 5 containers. Top with grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- Make sure the potatoes are face down on the sheet pan so that they get crispy.
- Don't add the zucchini and broccoli too early as they cook quickly.
- You can preheat the pans in the oven and toss on top so that the veggies come out crispier from the start.