I prefer to mix the ingredients in a ziplock bag and put the chicken tenders into the bag. This makes coating them super easy and fast. Once they are coated in the honey mustard dressing roll the chicken in the crushed cornflakes and place on a baking sheet.
Honey Mustard Cornflake Chicken Tenders
My mom use to make cornflake chicken all of the time when I was growing up. It was probably one of my favorite meals and nothing beats the way she makes it, but over the years I have made a few adjustments to the original recipe and this adapted version is now a family favorite in my house.
I love the sweet and tangy flavour that these chicken tenders have, the chicken always turns out juicy and the cornflake coating adds the perfect crunch! Best of all they are baked in the oven so you don’t even have to deal with all of the mess that comes along with frying. These make the perfect quick mid-week meal when you are pinched for time. Pair them with a salad and some homemade sweet potato fries and you have the perfect dinner!
Cornflake chicken tenders ready for the oven!
The perfect golden colour!
These taste incredible dipped in honey.
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
Honey Mustard dressing
Honey Mustard Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add mayonnaise, honey and mustard to a ziplock bag and make sure all of the ingredients are combined well.
- Crush up cornflakes in a pan (approx 4 cups = 2 cups crushed) and combine with the seasonings.
- Cut chicken breasts into tenders (long thin strips) and put them in the ziplock bag with the honey mustard dressing. Seal the bag and give it a good shake to ensure all of the chicken is equally coated in the dressing.
- Remove the chicken from the bag one piece at a time and roll it in the crushed cornflakes until that is also evenly coated.
- Place the chicken tenders on a pan lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- You can prep all of the components ahead of time to make this dish even faster to make.
- Serve with some warmed up honey!