The perfect fall bake topped with almond butter, hemp seeds and a side of blueberries.
Pumpkin Apple Pecan Bake (Whole30)
This Apple Pumpkin Bake is perfect breakfast that is dairy free, gluten free, and has no added sugar making it a Whole30 friendly meal that is bursting with fall flavors. Since this is gluten/grain free, it is much more creamy and custard-like than say a “baked good” but I find it equally as delicious and I love knowing there’s no added sugar in my breakfast! Its perfectly sweetened with ripe banana and the apple. This is packed with fall spices like vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and of course pumpkin!!
This is also a great breakfast option if you are into meal prepping. It can be stored in the fridge and makes about 5 servings.
I enjoy having mine warmed up with some more almond butter drizzled on top and hemp seeds sprinkled for an extra nutrient boost!
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- Full Fat Coconut milk
- Flax meal
Combine all your ingredients together in a large bowl except for the apple and pecans.
Add in your chopped apples and then the pecans!
Let it cool after baking for 15 minutes.
Close up of the texture - very creamy like!
- 5 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 40 Minutes|Total time: 50 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 8x8 baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Dice your apple into small squares. I recommend peeling the apple. Place in a separate bowl and mix with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- In a large bowl add all the remaining ingredients, except for the apples and pecans. You will want to mix well to ensure the banana is mashed. I used my immersion blender for this step. If you do not have an immersion blender I recommend mashing the banana first and then mixing in the ingredients by hand.
- Add you diced apples and mix until incorporated. Add your pecans and incorporate. I like to leave a few pecans out to use to top the dish.
- Pour your batter (it will be runny) into the baking dish and add additional pecans if you have some reserved.
- Bake for 40 minutes. It should be set by then. As it cools once it is out of the oven it will firm up a little more.
- Enjoy warm and store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days!
- I love having this with berries or bananas and nut butter for breakfast.
- If you don't have an 8x8 pan I think a pie dish would also work great.
- Feel free to swap out pecans for walnuts.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go