Bake the whole grain pumpkin scones on parchment paper, so they are easy to lift off when finished. This also will make clean up for your baking sheet super easy. Scones will be finished baking when they are lightly browned on top.
Whole Grain Pumpkin Scones With Cinnamon Glaze
Fall flavor and whole grains come together in this delicious breakfast or snack. These tender pumpkin scones are light and drizzled with a sweet cinnamon glaze that will be a hit with the whole family!
While your scones are baking in the oven, prepare the cinnamon glaze. Do this by combining the powdered sugar, vanilla, pumpkin, and milk in a small bowl. Whisk all of the ingredients to combine and be sure to mix until smooth. You don't want any clumps of sugar or pumpkin puree. Set to the side until ready to glaze your scones.
Once scones have cooled slightly, use a small spoon to drizzle the cinnamon glaze over the pumpkin scones. I recommend to doing this on a wire cooling rack with wax paper (or your parchment paper from the baking pan) beneath to catch drippings of glaze. Serve scones immediately, and enjoy them!
- 8 Scones
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 30 min
Whole Grain Pumpkin Scones
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Begin by combining flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in bowl. Whisk to combine. Add cold butter, cut into chunks, and use your hands to create a crumbly flour mix.
- In a smaller bowl, combine yogurt, honey, pumpkin puree, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mix and stir to combine. Then use hands to fold over dough until all the flour is incorporated.
- For larger scones, place dough on baking sheet and spread into a large circle using your hands. For smaller scones, divide dough in half and make two smaller circles. Use a butter knife or dough scraper to cut scones circles into 8 pieces.
- Bake scones for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top. While the pumpkin scones are baking, prepare the cinnamon glaze. Combine powdered sugar, 1/2 tbsp pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and milk in a bowl. Stir with a whisk until a smooth consistency forms. Set aside.
- Place scones on cooling rack with a sheet of wax paper beneath. Once the pumpkin scones have cooled slightly, use a spoon to drizzle on the cinnamon glaze. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Store extra scones in an airtight container for several days.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go