Example of the dulce de leche being consumed with homemade flan
Dulce De Leche (Caramel)
This might be my favourite recipe in the world. Literally, put it in the pan for two hours and you have something delicious that you can add to almost any sweet dish.
Another example of the dulce de leche covering the muffin
It is so easy!
Purchase a condensed milk can (it has to be a sealed can with no easy-lift lid), wash it off and remove any stickers. Use Acetone to remove any adhesive left.
Place the washed can in a pot,
Once the water is boiling, cover the pot with its lid and forget about it for at least 2 hours. The time really depends on the consistency you like it, my husband does not like it too thick, so 2 hours are enough for us. The longer you wait, the thickest it gets.
Wait for 20 minutes for the can to cool off before opening it with a can opener. And... That's it!
- 1 can
- Prep time: 2 Minutes|Cook time: 2 Hours|Total time: 2 Hours 2 Minutes
So simple you would not believe it
Dulce de leche
- Purchase a caned condensed milk (it has to be a can, with no easy-lift lid)
- Wash the can using soap and remove any stickers on it (make sure to remove it all otherwise it will stick to your pot)
- Place the pot with 2 litres of tap water
- Once boiled, cover with the lid
- Boil for 2 hours
- Remove the can from the water and wait at least 20 minutes for the can to cool off
- Once cooled, open using a can opener
- Empty the content to a plastic container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks