Healthy Chicken of the Woods Mushroom Pasta
I found this rare mushroom called Chicken of the Woods Mushroom in a local farmers market in upstate New York. The name of this mushroom refer to its taste and look. As it can be a great substitute for chicken meat. it's a low calorie, low fat, high-protein and high fiber food. I decided to cook for a vegetarian style pasta with it.
Heat the pan
Sautee the mushroom
Top with graded parmesan cheese and garnish with basil,dinner is ready to be served !
by the way, the mushroom does look like chicken breast after it cooked.
- 2 serves
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
- Boil water using a pasta pot that with drainer, put 2 table spoon salt into the water before you place the pasta, cook it for 10mins.
- while the pasta is cooking, heat up a cast iron pan, then put butter, garlic salt and pepper and fresh oregano, until the garlic is brownish color.
- Put shredded mushroom, brown it a little bit, then put half cup water, some salt and pepper, let it cook until the water evaporated.
- Cook until all the evaporated from the mushroom, put cream fraiche , fresh chopped basil and cooked pasta, and mixing them up.
- If you are pure vegetarian, you can substitute butter with coconut oil or olive oil. Cook pasta - boil salt water, put dry pasta for 10mins and drain.