Here's a simple tortilla recipe that is quick, uses ingredients you already have in the pantry, and will knock the PANTS off anything you'd get in plastic at the grocery store!
- 32 Tortilla
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Mix the flour, oil, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until somewhat combined.
- Generously flour your surface and turn out the bowl of dough onto it.
- Knead the dough well until the dough becomes a smooth ball.
- Return the dough to the bowl and let sit for 15-30 minutes. This will allow the dough to rest and will be less resistant to shaping.
- After resting, turn the dough out onto the floured surface and cut it into 32 equal balls. Here's how: 1. Cut the ball into 4 2. Cut each of these into 4 3. Cut each of these into 2
- For each ball, roll them out to your preference of thickness. I like to make them about the size of my hand.
- Finally, to cook the tortillas simply toss one into a skillet on medium heat and watch for bubbling. Once it bubbles, wait a few seconds and flip. You should get medium brown spots on the surface when done.