Beetroot with honey, olive oil, and thyme ready for the oven
Warm Honey & Thyme Roasted Beetroot, Prosciutto, and Hazelnut Salad
This is a super quick and easy fall salad. The sweet, soft honey roasted beetroot contrasts the salty prosciutto crudo, the crisp shaved apple, and the crunchy hazelnuts. Blue cheese, walnuts, and figs would all be great additions to this, and you could swap out the roasted beetroot for roasted squash. This is best enjoyed with some crusty bread, but of course you can leave this out if you want to be healthier.
I used golden delicious apples here, as that’s just what I happened to have, but if you can find a tart green apple, that would work even better, contrasting the sweet beetroot.
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 390 F. Quarter your beetroot into wedges, and arrange on a baking tray lined with some greaseproof paper. Drizzle over 2 tbsps olive oil and your honey, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Finish with a few thyme sprigs, then roast for 20 minutes, moving the tray to the top of the oven for the last 5.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of your salad. Toss your pea shoots with the remaining olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a platter, along with some torn prosciutto slices.
- Shave your apple using a vegetable peeler. Arrange the apple shavings in and around the prosciutto and pea shoots.
- Roughly chop your hazelnuts, or crush them using a rolling pin and a sandwich bag.
- When your beetroot comes out of the oven, use it to fill any remaining gaps. Crack over some more black pepper.
- Finish with a final drizzle of olive oil, a drizzle of honey, your chopped hazelnuts, and some more fresh thyme.
- Serve with some crusty bread, and enjoy!