Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to roast squash, this keeps the squash from sticking, but also doesn’t require aluminum foil. I have been trying to reduce my use of foil when I can and I use this compostable unbleached parchment paper instead. Once your squash is ready to go, give it a generous drizzle of olive oil and top with fresh ground salt and pepper.
Roasted Delicata Squash Salad With Maple Tahini Dressing
Easy and declicious Fall salad with roasted delicata squash and an easy maple tahini dressing. Top with seasoned roasted pumpkin seeds and prosciutto and you are in for a great dinner! This salad also comes together in about 45 minutes, most of that time is the squash roasting in the oven!
you could also make the following substitutes if needed
- If you don’t have maple syrup you can use honey as a substitute
- You could also sub butternut squash for delicata, but butternut squash does not have an edible rind. I like to peel my butternut with a vegetable peeler before roasting.
- Sub any nuts you have on hand for the pumpkin seeds. I think pecans or walnuts would also be delicious here.
- 2 people
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 35 Minutes|Total time: 50 Minutes
Sweet and Spicy Pepitas
Maple Tahini Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet parchment paper.
- Cut delicata squash in half lengthwise, then use a spoon to scoop out seeds, and cut into ¼ inch hald circles.
- Place squash on parchment and drizzle with olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- roast squash for about 30 minutes until soft when poked with a fork and browned on the bottom.
- While squash is cooking, prep prosciutto, and pepitas. Line an additional pan with foil, making a little divider between the prosciutto and pepitas with the foil.
- Mix the pepitas with the maple syrup, olive oil, cinnamon, and chili powder. Place on foil on the baking sheet. Pour seasoned pepitas on one side of the foil.
- Put the prosciutto strips on the other side of the foil.
- put the baking sheet in the oven after the squash has cooked 20 minutes. Then the prosciutto and pepitas will be done at the same time as the squash.
- While that is cooking, prep the maple tahini dressing and cut the red onion.
- Mix tahini, maple, olive oil, and dijon mustard in a small container and stir with a fork until well combined.
- Cut the red onion into thin slices.
- Place greens on plate and layer onions on top.
- Once squash is cooked add squash on top, then drizzle dressing, and top with pepitas.
- Cut prosciutto into thin slices and top the salad, add feta cheese.
- Lastly, add a few twists of fresh pepper and serve.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go