Let the kids pat the raw pizza dough into the pan.
Scary Halloween Spider Pizza
This Scary Halloween Spider Pizza is the perfect kid-friendly dinner to celebrate Halloween. It’s easy and tasty, plus the kids will enjoy helping to make and decorate it!
With so many communities thinking of canceling Trick or Treating in the days of Covid, we need to have a game plan in our pocket to let the kiddos celebrate the holiday this year. This easy pizza recipe is fun to make and lends to a festive feel to a meal.
To keep it simple and easy, we are using premade, raw pizza dough, jarred pizza sauce, and pre-shredded cheese. Basically, you only have to cut up the vegetables and assemble.
VARIATIONS ON THE RECIPE
- If your deli doesn’t sell raw pizza dough, you can find it in tubes in the refrigerated section, or even at your local pizzeria.
- Want to get more veggies into your family? Cut out triangles and thin, julienne strips of bell peppers to make witches’ hats, mushroom slices for skulls or pumpkins. Assemble bits and pieces of cut up veggies and let the kids have fun making the pizza as scary as possible. You can also use little canape cutters to stamp out pieces of cheese or vegetables for decorations
- Want to do individual pies? Cut the 1 pound dough into 4 or 6 pieces and let the kids shape it into circles and decorate their very own. Bake for 5-8 minutes.
- Use a small pumpkin cookie cutter to make yellow cheddar cheese slices turn into jack-o-lanterns.
- Use pre-baked crusts and cut out individual circles, use english muffins or tortillas for individual pizzas.
Kids will love making scary spiders out of pepperonis, red bell peppers, and olives.
A perfect Halloween party pizza to serve to kids and adults alike!
- 8 Servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray an 18-inch pizza pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Press the dough into the pan, making a ridge around the edges. It may look a bit irregular or pull away from the sides of the pan. That’s okay. Just make sure that it is as even a layer of pizza dough as possible so that it bakes evenly.
- Use the back of a large spoon to spread the pizza sauce evenly over the entire crust.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese over the sauce and then lightly sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the mozzarella.
- Arrange the pepperoni slices around the pizza. Add 8 small pieces of red pepper, arranged like spider legs around the pepperoni (4 on each side).
- Do the same with the olives. Arrange the olive halves around the pizza and 8 half slices of olives arranged like legs.
- Use a silicone brush to lightly brush the olive oil around the built-up, outer edge of the pizza.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the outer crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice with a pizza cutter into 8 large slices.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go