Quick King Prawn Pasta
I’ve heard it’s your carb day today, isn’t it?!
I have some great news. You will need literally minutes for this super delicious, creamy, mouthwatering pasta. It is packed full with garlic and parsley flavours. It is one of my simplest and best go-to dishes that is a real crowd-pleaser. You can serve it for lunch or dinner.
You can use fresh or frozen prawns and please do not overcook them. That makes them taste like rubber. They need only a couple of minutes and once they become slightly orange, they are ready. Actually, it takes only 7-8 minutes to cook the large prawns. If you use smaller ones, it takes 3-4 minutes.
Trust me, you are going to enjoy this!
- 2 servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
- Finely chop garlic and parsley. Grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Bring water to a boil and cook the pasta. Cook a minute shorter than you normally would so you can finish cooking it together with the prawns. Save pasta water for sauce thickening.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the pan well. Cook the prawns in olive oil. When they switch colour from grey to orange, they are finished. After about 5 minutes of cooking the prawns, add in garlic and two-thirds of parsley. Cook shortly and toss the drained pasta in.
- Stir everything well and add the cream, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Allow another minute or two for everything to combine. Add some pasta water if needed.
- Turn off the stove and serve. Add some more Parmesan, chopped parsley and olive oil if desired.
- Do not overcook the prawns, otherwise they will be tough. It takes only 7-8 minutes to cook the large prawns. If you use smaller ones, it only takes a few minutes.
- Always leave a little bit of pasta cooking water after draining the pasta. It is full of starch and it helps in thickening the sauce.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go