The bourbon is cooked twice, when the pumpkin bourbon sauce is simmering and while the bread is baking, so no need to worry about that bit of bourbon you or your kid is consuming before work/school.
Pumpkin Bourbon Pull Apart Bread
The key to a happy Monday? Sunday baking!! Who could wake up on the wrong side of the bed when you have this Pumpkin Bourbon Pull Apart Bread waiting for you for breakfast!
Sunday’s not over yet! There is still time to whip this up to enjoy tomorrow morning! Let it rise in the fridge overnight, then pop it in the oven when you wake up, then 35 minutes later when you’re all ready for work, you’ll be greeted with the smell of pumpkin and the most delicious pull apart bread! Now how’s that for the start of your week😍
However if you’d like to make it without alcohol, just replace the bourbon with 1 tsp of almond extract. The taste will still be great, but this will decrease the amount of liquid simmering when you make the pumpkin bourbon sauce. Not to worry, just keep an eye on it and cook it closer to 30-45 min instead of an hour!
Extra Pumpkin Bourbon Sauce please!
Just look at all the layers!
- 6-8 Servings
- Prep time: 2.5 Hours|Cook time: 35 Minutes|Total time: 3 Hours 5 Minutes
For the Pull Apart Bread
Pumpkin Bourbon Spread
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugars, yeast, and pumpkin spice.
- Add the milk and butter to a small saucepan and heat until just melted, roughly 3 minutes over medium heat. Watch carefully so the milk does not burn. Let cool for 2 minutes before adding it to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Add the water and vanilla to the dry ingredients as well.
- Attach the dough hook to your electric mixer and mix until combined. Add in the eggs one at a time, then beat in the pumpkin puree until everything is thoroughly mixed. The dough should be sticky.
- Move the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with a tea towel. Let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- While the dough rises, make the pumpkin bourbon spread. Add all the ingredients to a deep sauce pan and stir together. Cover and let simmer on low heat for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every so often. The longer the pumpkin bourbon spread simmers, the more reduced and flavorful it will be.
- After the dough has risen for an hour, roll the dough out on a floured surface into a large rectangle. Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into even squares, (roughly 25). Don’t worry about the squares being perfectly even as they will rise to fill out the pan and appear more even.
- Add parchment paper to a 9 by 5 loaf pan and spray with non stick spray.
- Add one square to the front of your loaf pan. Then add a dollop of the pumpkin bourbon spread onto each square, spread it around, and add them to the pan. Cover with the tea towel and let rise again for 1 hour, or overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes then remove from the loaf pan.
- If using the glaze, quickly whisk together the milk and powdered sugar, adding more milk or sugar until the desired consistency is reached. Pour the glaze over the bread. Serve with extra pumpkin bourbon spread and Enjoy!
- You can substitute the orange zest for lemon zest if that is what you have on hand
- If you prefer to make this without alcohol, substitute the bourbon for 1 Tsp Almond Extract
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go