Authentic Homemade Salsa
Salsa is a personal obsession of mine. Like seriously, put a bowl of salsa in front of me and I will devour it. But that being said I'm also very PICKY about my salsa. It's not just throwing tomatoes in a blender and voila! [I'm looking at you, restaurant who shall not be named] There are spices and juices and herbs that have GOT to be in a salsa for it to really pack that flavor punch! And I've made this salsa so many times to get the balance of flavors. So without further adieu, here is my perfected salsa recipe.
- 10 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 10 Minutes
- Add onion and Serrano to the blender or food processor and give a quick chop. If you're sensitive to spicy foods I'd recommend using 1/4 of the pepper to start with and then add more once you've tested it.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until combined. Be careful not to over-blend, this will result in a soupy salsa!
- Try the salsa and see if you need more Serrano pepper! Keep in mind that the flavor will be a little shallow during this step so be careful not to over-salt to compensate.
- Refrigerate your salsa for at least 3 hours - but overnight is ideal! This step is important to let the flavors develop and deepen. Once the salsa has gone through this step, taste and salt if needed!
- And that is it! It's a super simple recipe with easy-to-find ingredients AND it's a real crowd-pleaser! [But I wouldn't judge you if you kept it all to yourself... Trust me.]