Apple pie for breakfast... YES PLEASE. Take you favourite pancake recipe and add this apple pie topping, you will not regret it.
Apple Pie Pancake Topping
This recipe only includes the recipe for the apple topping, not the pancakes. The pancake mix I used for this meal was Flourish Protein Pancakes Mix.
This is a quick and easy topping that you can make as your pancakes are cooking! All you need is one small apple, brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon.
Place this apple mixture on the top of your pancake stack and watch as the fall flavour drips down & covers your pancakes!
- 1 Serving
- Prep time: 4 Minutes Cook time: 1 Minutes Total time: 5 min
- 1 small apple
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- Peel & finely slice your apple.
- Place the chopped up apple, brown sugar, cinnamon and maple syrup in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place the mixture in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine.
- If your brown sugar has not dissolved yet, place the bowl back into the microwave for another 15-30 seconds.
- Pour the apple mixture on top of your warm pancakes & enjoy!!
- You can also bake this apple mixture into your pancakes on the pan!